Wednesday, September 23, 2009

See You at the Pole!


So today is "See You at the Pole" and I just love this planned time of prayer and what it represents. Started in a relatively small youth group in Texas 19 years ago, it has grown into an event by which millions of students now participate each year. How awesome is our God and our students who strive to serve Him. It is one thing to care about your fellow students and teachers, etc. but a whole different thing to gather publicly, seeking His power and omnipotence concerning your school. And to know that you are not alone in your action, that an entire world of students are doing the same thing for their own schools. What an awesome statement!

I pray that in a nation struggling right now that God is glorified more than ever. That through the actions of students, the world will see evidence of our mighty creator and know that we must put Him first before the rest will get better! I also pray that my children will know the power of prayer and that it may be evident through this exercise to them personally...in their schools and in the lives of their friends.


"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or more are gathered together in My Name, I am there in the midst of them." -- Matthew 18: 19-20






No comments:

Post a Comment