Thursday, October 1, 2009

Please pray for the West family!!

Yesterday, a mother of my children's classmates passed away after a long battle with cancer. My son played football with Stanley and my daughter is good friends with Jhames and my heart aches for those boys and her husband! So many times, I take for granted that I am always going to be here for my kids and husband but the reality is...we just are not promised that in life. I pray that I can be more conscientious of making the most of every day. I say that so often just to go back to the same harried lifestyle that we all seem to fall into.

It was just a short couple of years ago that we watched our close family friends deal with the their oldest child being diagnosed with cancer. Justin was 14 when he was diagnosed and passed away shortly before his 16th birthday. Many times during Justin's journey I would thank God for the health of my children and that He had not asked me to bear that burden because I just don't think I could do it. I stood and will always stand in awe at Christy and Robert's strength in being able to put Justin in God's hands and let him go.

I pray now that Stanley and Jhames will be able to have peace knowing their mother is in God's hands and no longer suffering. I pray that God allows me the opportunity to hug those boys necks and maybe somehow fill in some of the many hugs they will be missing from Janice. I pray that their dad be blessed with peace an courage in the coming days.

Thank you Father that you have blessed me with so much more than I deserve with two beautiful and healthy children, an awesome husband, and a great extended family. Please let me not be so quick to take these blessings for granted but enjoy every moment, every second!!! Help me to always know that tomorrow is never promised and my love and appreciation must be shown today!!

2 comments:

  1. We will be praying for this family.

    I gave you an award on my blog today...go get it!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am going to post the award as soon as I can figure out how to link to you :o) Love you too!!

    ReplyDelete