Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The many faces of Ashtyn

Well I have the new camera and while I still have so very much to learn....I am having fun with it. I have been dragging it to all Ashtyn's games and my facebook friends are worn out with bb pics but I am seeing some improvement and more importantly, I am learning how to adjust specific areas to address problems with my overall quality of exposure which is exciting. It is also awesome to understand why your picture isn't turning out exactly like you want it and that it isn't all about the user but also about the capabilities of the lens you are attempting to use in the specific circumstance you are trying to shoot. Since receiving my camera, I have made myself shoot in manual mode for the greatest portion of time and only in aperture or shutter priority the rest of the time...I am determined to master this! I must say that when I owned my film 35mm camera...it stayed on auto all the time...I couldn't afford to buy and develop film while attempting to learn. Digital makes the world such a better place :o) Okay so on with the topic at hand...



Mom's have to take pictures like the following...it's our child and their name is in "lights" or maybe just on the wall but who cares...it's their name!!!


So in discussing the faces of Ashtyn...she is first off gonna kill me for putting this pic up but it is just too good not to. We have had the best time laughing at all these "face" pics after ball games!

She cracks me up when she talks about her guarding the inbounding balls... "mom!...I always get a piece of it...like almost every single time!!!"...such humility we have instilled in the child!


I just love this...don't really know why this is one of my fav's but it is...

Faces...
Trying the pirouette move maybe...she loves her arm muscles in this pic...again with the humility!!

"Coming at me...okay...I'll just dribble around ya!"
Free throws...


Meg and Ash...besties!

I think she is just a fraction of a hair higher...did she get the ball...don't remember...I have spent way too much time worrying over my camera settings to tell you what actually happened in the games...

guilt coming over that one...but only a little...I am capturing memories for life people~



"Okay...so I get that your bigger than me but I will still block you out...don't think I won't!!" (Later I will for sure be counseled on how I shouldn't act like I know what she would be saying when I am blogging about her!)

Love this pic but wish I had waited a second longer...

So much fun...so excited for the grandparents to be able to see some of the games through pics as they don't live close enough to get to be there. I am just so thankful that we were able to purchase this camera and for this blog that allows family and friends to be able to keep up with what's going on in our neck of the woods.

1 comment: