Monday, May 24, 2010

How is the eating more healthy going you ask?

Well let me tell you…I must say I am proud of both Dave and myself...if I do say so…which I do. We are really making an overall effort to be more conscience of our decisions concerning what goes into our mouths and you know what…I feel better…I am sure that Dave does too but I won’t speak for him as I am sure he wants to blog about it himself. Really? Noooo – not really :o)

Anywho…there have been a few issues I have had with our new way of eating… 1) I am not a meat lover…but in order to get the balanced meals we need and also the protein and so my husband does not go out in search of a new wife that will provide meat for him at his meals ;-) …eating meat is basically essential to my success & marriage, soooo I eat meat. I do try to find different ways to prepare it and that has been fun. But I have also dabbled in the world of veggie meat! As the rest of my family would say…EEEWWWW! But the funny thing is…I have liked it for the most part. I love the California burgers because to me, they taste like egg rolls. I know a lot of people don’t like egg rolls but I love them. And when I was comparing frozen egg rolls you buy at the store…I found they were almost identical in nutrition as the veggie burgers…I was pumped about that because I love them and I feel like I am getting to eat bread so it makes it even better. Of course, I just heat mine up in the microwave or the oven…sorry…no frying.

2) I don’t let myself eat hardly any bread…although I did buy some all grain bread in hopes that I can allow myself a slice or so per week…I really have been surprised at myself as to how I have been able to just walk away from bread…it was a large portion of my life people. But as I have said…it is my evil nemesis and therefore must be destroyed. Especially potato bread…I mean come on…I know that all the gyms and trainers of the world got together and invented potato bread in order to make sure they had never ending customers…I mean we don’t have enough carbs in bread or potatoes by themselves…noooo…we need to add them together! But have you tasted a piece of fresh potato bread??? Well enough thinking and talking about that!! If I don’t think or talk about it…it just doesn’t exist. Right? Everyone please nod your head! Thank you for understanding!

3) I love desserts and I do miss them tremendously! I not only miss eating sweets but I miss finding new recipes and experimenting…and also sharing my finds with others so they get that…’I am a slave to sugar too look on their faces’…makes me feel better about myself…not so alone but just a bigger part of the sugar freaks anonymous. So, yesterday, we went out with Steve and Jeannie Simpson…friends from college who live in MO now and whom we hardly ever get to see. (Miss you guys and had such a great time getting to catch up!! Caleb is already trying to plan which game he is coming to see :o) We decided to go to Orange Leaf (formally Orange Tree.) So here is a place where my children & friends frequent often and also a place I have avoided like the plague. But…friends are in town…we want to go out for ice cream…okie dookie…so off we went…while we were dvring the Lost finale…which we all watched after we got home at 10:30…yes we did not go to bed until after 1am on a school/work night…okay…that’s a different post… Short and simple…peanut butter frozen yogurt…with bananas…with granola…with some caramel topping drizzled just so so…well my heart almost could not bear it. I have not had any dessert (well I did try to make cheesecake out of some weird healthy stuff and while it wasn’t like gaggy to eat…it wasn’t categorized as dessert by any stretch of the imagination and was pretty much all thrown away…) for over two months and I will just come out and say…
Hi: My name is Kristy & I am a sugaroholic. I have admitted myself back into the 12-step program and will be attending counseling sessions in order to block out the memories of what I believe to be the absolute yummiest frozen yogurt I have ever tasted!!! (Did I say I haven’t had any dessert in 2 months…okay…just making sure I clarified that :o)

So with that being said…I will leave you with this…yes I ate frozen yogurt this weekend (not to mention all the Starbuck visits…hey!! ~ all made skinny and with splendageesh…let me live a little will ya?) and NO…I did not do one bit of exercise outside of sitting my tail end on bleachers for most of the weekend. No I do not feel guilty in the least…because I did not get on the scale this morning therefore, there is nothing to feel guilty about. Thank you for not judging me…

2 comments:

  1. I'm so judging you right now....

    Oh wait...I'm a sugarholic too...let's join the group together...:) I love you my friend. YOu inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl - I love you too and I just want a cheesecake...not a piece of cheesecake...a whole cheesecake. :o) I am pretty sure that makes me a certified member of the group :o)

    ReplyDelete