Sunday, December 20, 2009

That girl's a bakin fool...

I love baking for the holidays...so bear with me cause the next several posts will be about just that. My daughter told my husband that I am gonna be a grandma that always has something baked for you when you come visit. Man, I hope so...I just wish I could bake all the time without us all being fanny fanny 2x4's who can't fit through the bathroom door :o) Oh well...probably when I am a grandma...I just won't care and will bake all the time for everyone...

so gonna share some pic's of what we like to do every year...
I made my own peppermint hard candy for the Christmas candy I make. A girl at work got me started on this several years ago and now Christmas just isn't complete without it!

I use Lorann's peppermint oil and just let me tell you...you need your sinuses cleared? Nothin better...
here are a few pics of the process...




This makes the house smell so nice!


You just let it cool and then break it into small pieces...you can buy this premade at the cake/candy supply store but it's pretty pricey.












Then add it to your chocolate mixture...and spoon them out onto parchment paper and let cool. My kiddos don't really like the way these look but they are so yummy! I have thought about trying to find molds to put them in to make the presentation better but oh well...they are still wonderful!

So this is a pic before the baking began...and this doesn't even include most of the frig stuff...sometimes I think I am crazy in the head but I just love it and hopefully my neighbors and associates at work with love it too!

More pics to come later as I have much more to make...probably won't bore you with all the details but will let you take a peak at the end result :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment